1. Bag – It’s a Domke F-803. I got this bag a few months ago, and love it. The size is great; it holds two bodies, some lenses, a waterbottle…everything I need for a day of shooting. I used it every day when in England for 2 weeks and it held everything I needed day in, day out.
2. Fuji X100 - I just did a review on this camera, and as of now it is really the only digital camera for me. I love it. I could not spring for the Fuji filter + hood combo (rip off!) so I got the generic version.
3. Leica M3 DS (double stroke), Zhou leather half case, leather strap; Summicron 50mm f/2 - I am a big fan of this camera. It’s very old school, no meter, no electronics, but it’s a classic. The viewfinder is 1:1 and really great for the 50mm lens, which is my favorite focal length. Based on the serial #, made in January 1955.
4. Leica Tele-Elmarit 90mm f/2.8 - Just recently acquired, it’s the lightest and smallest 90mm Leica makes. Great lens, very good for traveling.
5. Film – These are some of the films I have been carrying lately: Kodak Ektar 100, Ilford HP5+, and Fuji Superia 1600. I carry 1-2 rolls of each, which covers any lighting conditions I might run into. The grain on the Superia is very nice, in my opinion.
6. Leica M6TTL 0.85, Artist & Artisan cloth strap, soft release; M-Rokkor 40mm f/2 - I can’t decide which of the Leicas I like more–they are both amazing. I love the slightly wider viewfinder on the M6 over the M3, and the meter is handy at times too. It is one of the last M6TTLs made, ca. 2002-03, judging by the serial #. The M-Rokkor 40/2 is a great lens, super small and light and always gives me great results.
7. Spare Digital Items - memory cards and extra battery for the X100.
8. Bikkuri Film Case - Another great item from Japan Camera Hunter. Holds 10 rolls of film in the Fujifilm hard plastic case, which are now discontinued. (Oh, and Bellamy Hunt informed me that I got THE LAST ONE!)
9. Rocket blower – this is a leftover from when I carried around my D700, but I keep it around. It’s light and you never know when you might need it!
10. Water Bottle - You have to stay hydrated!
11. iPhone 4 + headphones – ‘Nuff said.
12. Notebook/Pen – It’s a moleskine and my all-time favorite pen…it’s a Parker something-or-other, but it’s great. And I’m picky about my pens.
13. Gum – I’m not really loyal to any brand, but it has to be cinnamon.
This was featured on Japan Camera Hunter, February 2012.